Because of the Covid-19 outbreak, all deadlines are postponed to 30 June 2021.
Admissions for the Master’s Degree of Education in Mentoring are now open for the academic year 2021-2022.
Before applying, please check the description of the program. We would like to remind you that this is a full scholarship program. This degree program will have no tuition charges and will be open to state teachers, who will be allowed to take a one-year leave of absence from their teaching posts while retaining their salaries. In exchange for those generous conditions, NGPRC students commit themselves to serving as mentors for several years after graduating. They sign a contract that is available in the annex of the Selection process.
Applications must be submitted online by using this form. No other medium is authorized.
- At least three years of teaching experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the Liberal Arts or Sciences
- Certification from teacher training institution (PTTC, RTTC, NIE, TEC)
- Avowed interest in pursuing a long-term career in education
- A strong commitment to empowering Cambodian youth
- Employment as a state teacher is required
- At least moderate to high proficiency in both spoken and written English
- Willingness to be posted to any school assigned by the MoEYS, where engaging in private classes during working hours is strictly prohibited
- Candidates must demonstrate strong ICT literacy skills and the ability to use a laptop.
Please, note that the selection process is a competition, with a limited number of positions. It comprises three stages:
- A concept note for research, to be submitted before 30 June 2021. Please, check the explanations and the format here. When it is ready, you’ll need to submit it with your application.
- Written tests, held in July at the National Institute of Education, Phnom-Penh.
- Oral tests start one week after the written tests.
The written tests comprise two components:
- MCQ about General Teaching Methodology and Pedagogy, in Khmer, 1 hour
- An English test, 1.5 hours. Note that a very low score at the English test is eliminatory, since most of the lessons and the learning materials are in English.
The candidates who successfully achieve the written tests will be summoned to pass the oral test from 19 July:
- A Teaching Trial in Khmer or in English, 20 minutes.
- A Motivational Interview in English, 30 minutes.
For more detailed information, please dowload the Selection process.