The NGPRC is proud to organize the 1st International Conference on Mentoring Educators in Cambodia, which will be held both at the Institute of Technology of Cambodia and also as a simultaneous virtual conference.
The purpose of the conference is to discuss various modalities and opportunities to mentor educators, and thereby help them develop their competencies. Researchers, teacher trainers, advisors and consultants from Asia and around the globe are invited to join us in Cambodia to share knowledge and experiences with our developing community. We also hope the conference might be the occasion to promote and initiate international cooperation among participants as this relates to mentoring.
The conference will be held in cooperation with the Asian Society of Teachers for Research and other professional societies in the region, and supported by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (MOEYS), Cambodia with Kampuchea Action to Promote Education (KAPE). It is organized by New Generation Pedagogical Research Center (NGPRC), National Institute of Education (NIE) and sponsored by Singapore International Mathematics Contest Center (SIMCC, Singapore), Jeong Gong International Education and Culture (JGIEC, Korea), and other interested parties.
The theme of CICME_2020 is “Mentoring and Professional Development for Educators” and the objectives are as follows:
- To provide a forum for research findings from the international community;
- To introduce new pathways to excellence in education through action and innovation;
- To share best teaching practices and use research findings to solve school problems;
- To share mentoring experiences and skills;
- To establish partnership and collaborations between researchers across the globe;
- To disseminate results of thesis/dissertation activities in tertiary education; and
- To draw new perspectives in solving educational and organizational problems and issues.
This conference will be held in English; it will provide opportunities for participants to share and hear about various ideas, programs, research, and also discuss the challenges associated with mentoring educators, both online and in-person.
For more information, please download the official announcement.
Note: the deadline to propose a speech has been extended to 14th December. To submit your proposal, please complete the form here.
Due to a recent outbreak of Covid-19, schools are closing down in Cambodia and public gathering are prohibited. However, there is no issue in conducting the online conference at the expected date. Prepare your computer or your smartphone. Stay tuned!