- Due to a recent outbreak of Covid-19 in Cambodia the conference wil be conducted 100% online using Zoom.
- In preparation of potential technical issues, all Plenary and Parallel Session Speakers make a pre-recorded video.
- We are running a “Rehearsal” for speakers on December 16 (Cambodia time): register here to come and test the zoom application.
- There is now a first version of the program schedule.
- We are updating ours speakers profiles: Speakers informations
- You can now register to our FORUM : CICME/community
Video file requirement
In order to avoid incidents during the conference, we require that all Plenary and Parallel Session Speakers make a pre-recorded video of their talk and submit it through the Profile and Presentation Update Form. The video must be in MP4 format, and we ask you to provide us with a YouTube link. We have a document with suggestions on how to make your video and upload it to YouTube.
- On the time of you talk, you will be offer to do a live presentation if there are no technical problems.
- The questions and answers session after the talk will be live.
- Video submission is still mandatory.
If do not receive your video by Wednesday December 16,
we will have to cancel your talk
(unless you ask for and obtain a special extension from us)
Zoom testing session for speakers
- We are running a “Rehearsal” for speakers on December 16 (Cambodia time): register here (http://www.tiny.cc/CICMEzoomtestsession) to come and test the zoom application.
- We can also take advantage of this to record your talk for the conference
- Pre-recorded talks are mandatory except for Panels and Workshops
- One the time of you talk, you will be offer to do a live presentation if there are no technical problems on either sides
We prepared a first version of the program schedule.
- Speakers are kindly required to confirm their time slot assignment using this form.
We are currently updating all our speakers profiles. You can see them in the Speakers informations menu.
- Please also confirm you reviewed your information using this form.
- Additional information (picture, keyword, summary, etc.) can be submitted here: http://tiny.cc/CICMEupdate.
- If the page does not work for you, please use this documents.
We are big on networking! Our new forum is now available. Please go register and open a topic!
You can access it through the main menu, or by navigating to CICME/community
Other practical information
First Announcement: official announcement.pdf
Registration form: www.tiny.cc/cicmeregistration
We will be using the Zoom application for the conference. You can prepare your computer, tablet or your smartphone by installing the free version now. Additional instructions on how to present or attend using Zoom will follow soon.
The NGPRC is proud to organize the 1st International Conference on Mentoring Educators in Cambodia, which will be held both at the Institute of Technology of Cambodia and also as a simultaneous virtual conference.
The purpose of the conference is to discuss various modalities and opportunities to mentor educators, and thereby help them develop their competencies. Researchers, teacher trainers, advisors and consultants from Asia and around the globe are invited to join us in Cambodia to share knowledge and experiences with our developing community. We also hope the conference might be the occasion to promote and initiate international cooperation among participants as this relates to mentoring.
This conference will be held in English; it will provide opportunities for participants to share and hear about various ideas, programs, research, and also discuss the challenges associated with mentoring educators.
The conference will be held in cooperation with the Asian Society of Teachers for Research and other professional societies in the region, and supported by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (MOEYS), Cambodia with Kampuchea Action to Promote Education (KAPE). It is organized by New Generation Pedagogical Research Center (NGPRC), National Institute of Education (NIE) and sponsored by Singapore International Mathematics Contest Center (SIMCC, Singapore), Jeong Gong International Education and Culture (JGIEC, Korea), and other interested parties.
The theme of CICME_2020 is “Mentoring and Professional Development for Educators” and the objectives include:
- To provide a forum for research findings from the international community;
- To introduce new pathways to excellence in education through action and innovation;
- To share best teaching practices and use research findings to solve school problems;
- To share mentoring experiences and skills;
- To establish partnership and collaborations between researchers across the globe;
- To disseminate results of thesis/dissertation activities in tertiary education; and
- To draw new perspectives in solving educational and organizational problems and issues.